I recently read “Reasons to Stay Alive” by Matt Haig. This book is now like a bible to me. He wrote about many things that I’ve never been able to find the words to describe. He made me realise that the feelings I’m having are normal – I’m not the only one feeling this.
Throughout the book he writes lists. I love lists. So, I’ve taken inspiration and adapted his lists to fit my own personal journey. This is list one.
- An aching sensation in my legs, hands, chest, throat and at the back of my head
- An inability to contemplate the future (a constant feeling that I’m going to die young)
- Scared of going mad
- Separation Anxiety
- Constant sense of dread
- Mental and physical exhaustion
- Like I’m useless
- Chest tightness
- A sense of being cut-out from another reality, disconnected
- Like I’m constantly on the verge of a panic attack
- Overly emotional
- Always wanting to nap/sleep
- Always worried
- Feeling of falling while standing still